Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Success is a Journey not a Destination

I am back from France. We got back Saturday night, late, after a bunch of frustrating airline situations. Once we had started home I was intent on seeing my kitties, could imagine myself cuddling up with them, especially that purr-meister Remington. It was hard to wait....and wait...and wait.
So now we are home and I have jumbled thoughts about my trip. Thinking about it brings tears of joy to my eyes and I find myself without words. How to explain the amazing beauty that is the south of France. How to convey the intimacy of friendship - sharing this charmed time with 8 students, all such incredible human beings. Each person penetrated my soul with memories of a lifetime, thus is the privilege of sharing a trip such as this with like minded people.
And the food, the wonderful fresh and colorful food, so pure and good.
Simply put, the trip restored me.


After the class, John and I went to Paris. We visited museums that I previously only dreamed of seeing. Saw so many world class paintings that I overflow with inspiration. I want to capture my thoughts, but it is like trying to hold sand in my fingers.
The words will come, I know this will happen. And then the paintings. Or maybe it will be the other way around, who knows?
In the meantime, I leave you with this picture of an Organ Grinder, the only thing lacking was a monkey. I hear the tune from our studio apartment, then looked out my window (I was in Paris, oh my!) to see this guy, plucked from central casting, walking down the street. My picture is horrible as there was a delivery van. But I will never forget the sheer joy on that man's face - I leaned out the window and waved in delight.
Such magic is France.

1 comment:

  1. France is such a special place - and how fortunate for you to add the friendship of other artists.

    My husband and I spent three weeks in France two years ago (Paris, Dijon and old Lyon) and I remember it as if it were yesterday.

    I started saving the moment we came back for another trip -- soon - soon we will go again. Ahhhh

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)