Friday, February 18, 2011

Tar but no feathers

So what am I doing with asphalt patch? Oh my, I am playing with



encaustics at a workshop taught by Trish Seggebruch. I can't tell you the last time I have had so much fun. This is exactly what I needed to get me over the winter doldrums.

It is so fun to see how Trish uses Wood Icing. We are sharing lots of ideas and Trish commented today that Wood Icing is so much more than just a texture medium; "it is magic in a jar", she says. And yes, of course I agree!

Tomorrow I will take pics of all my work plus hopefully some of the other peoples work too. Very talented folks and I have made new friends, plus re-connected with some old friends.
Plus I am very pleased with the pieces I've made thus far and that is unusual for me as I don't normally like work that I make during a class.

Don't forget to check out Ilka's Attic to enter for my book.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your work!! It sounds very interesting and exciting.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued and can't wait for those pictures. Sounds like you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds exciting!!! I can't wait to see the pictures. :)

    -Joy

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)