Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Manic Monday on Wednesday

It's pretty bad when the mania persists day after day.  Geez Louise, it is so busy around here I haven't had time to write.  But the good news is that I have finished 3 big paintings for the gallery show.  Yippeeeeeee!!!  They've been professionally photographed and the images already sent to the gallery for the postcard.  
Frames are on order.  
And that is when I smacked myself in the head....duh!  You see that really big one, behind the others?  Well, it is 54" x 54".  Without it's frame.  Barely fits in the truck and I do mean barely.  Which is when it hit me.....how do I plan to transport this piece once it is framed!??!!?  

Ahem.  Oh, the joy of it all.  A few pleas for help and I have a plan, but it just complicates an already complicated delivery.  Blahblahblah.  It is all good, don't get me wrong.  I am wildly excited about the show and simply can't wait to see all the pieces on display together.  I just wish I could wave a magic wand regarding the logistics.  Cause I really just dig the painting part, tee, hee. 

The rest of these pictures show some of the mess strewn around my studio after the weekend crush of fulltime painting.  Including one unfortunate sofa cushion.  Ugh, it completely bummed me out when paint got loose (gee, wonder how that 
happened) and trashed this cushion.  I used the stuff I use to clean my brushes and voila, the cushion was saved.  Whew.
The studio is now clean and I need to venture forward with my next project which is a piece that is scheduled for delivery on Friday.  Hmmmm, nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh?  


1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow, I know about being busy, but in your case... Production!! Yay!
    I wish you a fantastic, amazing show! All your hard work will be worth it. You do good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)