Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A hopeful sign

Walking home from the polls yesterday, John and I saw a woolly bear caterpillar.  Around these parts (ha, I always wanted to say that), the woolly bear is a predictor of winter.  If only I could remember what it means - something about the width of the brown stripe means an easy or a tough winter?  Like groundhogs, I can never remember which way it goes.
Anyhoo, this particular woolly bear was all black!!! 
I wonder what on earth that means!?!?! 
I think it was a very very special woolly bear and a sign of good things to come.  
I feel soooo happy today and proud of our country.  We have a long way to go but this is quite a amazing start.  

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:17 AM

    It's supposed to be the width of the black (2 brown ends) that determines the length/harshness of winter.

    Also, my holly bushes are FULL of berries.

    -jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had to look it up...if the brown band around their middle is wide, it'll be a mild winter, and if it's narrow, it'll be a severe winter. i suppose if the whole fuzzball is brown it is going to be extremely mild.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)