Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Big Boys are here

Since I am working with a gallery now (yeah, yeah, I need to share more details on that, announcements coming soon....) I need to start getting pieces framed.  Thankfully, a friend of mine has recently opened a framing biz, woohoo.  He has been trying to persuade me to frame my large pieces for a few months and I finally took the plunge.  Oh my----even I was impressed to see my work presented this way. I sat the paintings in my family room so you could get some perspective on how large they are.  Forty four inches tall with frame. 
 
They are all traveling to WI with me for the Lake Geneva Art in the Park show this weekend.  If you're in the greater Chicago area or in WI, come on over!!!  The weather is going to be divine!!

The second picture shows my recent work that has returned home from the Art Saint Louis show.  It is wonderful in our house, so perfect above John's chair that I don't think I can sell it.  This bottom piece is on Claybord.  The ones in the top picture are on canvas.  All are mixed media - acrylic, pastel, ink, collage, marker.

5 comments:

  1. Really beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought these were incredible the first time you showed them, but wow, to see them in a room. They are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW !!!!

    I loooove them framed.... as the colors just jump off my computer screen and into my lap !!!!

    Oh I can't wait to learn from you !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. The framing brings these another level without overwhelming them, which is a risk you always run in framing your work. Good job, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:42 PM

    I want to see those tall skinny ones in more detail! They look like they have delicious texture. And I agree that they look just perfect over John's chair.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)